Telangana SCERT TS 6th Class Social Study Material Pdf Lesson 3A Land Forms Textbook Questions and Answers.
3A Land Forms – TS 6th Class Social 3rd Lesson Questions and Answers Telangana
I. Conceptual Understanding
What are main kinds of landforms ?
There are three main kinds of landforms. They are 1) Mountains 2) Plains 3) Plateau.
Which districts in Telangana state have stretches of hilly terrain ?
In Telangana state Adilabad, Nirmal, Jagitial, Vikarabad, Rangareddy, Mahaboobnagar, Nagarkurnool, Peddapalli, Badradri and Jaya Shankar districts have stretches of hilly terrain which we can see as pockets of scattered hills.
What do you mean by Relief features ?
The physical surface features of the land like mountains, plains, etc. are called ‘Relief features’. Telangana state has varied relief features.
Describe the Telangana Plateau.
- The upper Telangana plateau is in the west side of Telangana state.
- Godavari and Krishna rivers flow eastwards through this plateau.
- The remaining area is known as the lower Telangana plateau which also has eastwards slope.
- The twin cities, Hyderabad and Secunderabad, Sangareddy, Mahaboobnagar and Nalgonda towns are located on the upper Telangana Plateau.
- Warangal and Karimnagar towns are located on the lower Telangana plateau.
How is the delta formed ?
Before joining the sea, a river divides into a large number of small streams. It deposits a lot of sand and silt in this area which forms the deltAnswer:
Which is the largest plateau in India ?
The Deccan plateau is the largest plateau in India
II. Reading the Text (given), Understanding and Interpretation
Our state has Upper Telangana Plateau in the west. Godavari and Krishna rivers flow eastwards through this plateau. The remaining area is known as the Lower Telangana Plateau which also has eastwards slope. The twin cities, Hyderabad and Secunderabad, Sangareddy, Mahaboobnagar and Nalgonda towns are located on the upper Telangana plateau while Warangal and Karimnagar towns are on the Lower Telangana Plateau.
Answer the following questions based on the above paragraph.
1) Which part of Telangana plateau has Warangal and Karimnagar districts ?
The lower Telangana plateau has Warangal and Karimnagar districts in it.
2) Towards which direction, the slope of lower Telangana plateau is there ?
The slope of lower Telangana plateau is eastward.
3) Towards which direction of Telangana state lies the upper Telangana plateau ?
Upper Telangana plateau lies on the west side of Telangana state.
4) What are the important towns in the Upper Telangana plateau ?
The important towns in the upper Telangana plateau are twin cities, Hyderabad and Secunderabad, Sangareddy, Mahaboobnagar and NalgondAnswer:
III. Misinformation Skills
1. Answer the following questions based on the table given below.
|Hill ranges||Spread over districts|
|Ananthagiri ‘||Yadadri Bhuvanagiri Vikarabad|
1) Name the hills present in Nizamabad & Kamareddy.
The hills present in Nizamabad & Kamareddy are Rakhi hills.
2) Which range is present in Adilabad ?
The range present in Adilabad is Satmala hills.
3) Name the district where Ananthagiri hills are located.
The district where Ananthagiri hills are located is Vikarabad.
4) Name the district where Devarakonda hills are located.
The district where Devarakonda hills are located is Yadadri Bhuvanagiri.
Reflection on Contemporary Issues and Questioning
Why is it not possible to construct a large dam in Medak district ?
1) It is not possible to construct a large dam in Medak district.
2) Construction of large dam need mountainous supports to block the water.
3) We do not have any hill ranges in Medak.
4) Thus it may not be possible for the construction of a big dam in Medak.
V. Mapping Skills
1. Map Pointing:
List the hills you find in the map.
I found Satrnala hills, Nirmal hills, Rakhi hills, Ananthagiri hills, Devarakonda hills and Kandikal hills in the map.
VI. Appreciation and Sensitivity
1. What is the importance of Telangana Plateau?
- The Deccan plateau is the largest plateau in India
- It has a high and steep edge (escarpment) on the west known as western ghats.
- Telangana plateau itself a part of the Deccan plateau and slopes to the east.
- Large portions of Telangana fall in the plateau region, called Telangana plateau.
TS 6th Class Social 3rd Lesson Notes – 3A Land Forms
1. Slope : A surface or piece of land that slopes
2. Ghat : A road or way over or through mountains
3. Delta : ‘D’ An area of land shaped like a triangle, where a river has split into several smaller rivers before entering the sea
4. Bay : A part of the large lake, partly surrounded by a wide curve of the land. Eg: The Bay of Bengal
5. Valley : An area of lowland between hills or mountains often with a river flowing through it; the land that a river flows through
6. Landforms : The three import?nt landforms are mountains, plateaus and plains.