Andhra Pradesh AP Board 4th Class EVS Solutions 8th Lesson Transportation Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.
AP State Syllabus 4th Class EVS Solutions Lesson 8 Transportation
I. Conceptual Understanding:
What are the vehicles used for transport in your village or town?
In our village we use.
- Trains are used for transport.
Have you ever travelled by bullock cart? When and where?
Yes, When I went to my grand parents village, I travelled on bullock cart.
Why is the camel called the”ship of the desert”?
- Camel is the primary means of transport in desert.
- It can walk long distances without taking water.
- Hence the camel is known as” ship of the desert”.
II. Questioning and Hypothesis:
What question will you ask to your father about transport facilities to visit your uncles village?
- How to we go to our uncles village?
- Is their train route to our uncles village?
- Is it able to go on our bike to our uncles village?
- How much distance is our uncles village from here?
III.Experiments and field observations:
Visit a near by bus station of you r locality and collect the information about the the number of buses and timing of their bus departure?
From Vijayawada to Tirapathi
IV. Information Skills & Project Work:
Collect the pictures of different inodes of transport and prepare a scrap book?
V. Drawing Pictures and Model Making:
Identify any two shipyards on the map of Andhra pradesh ?
How do you feel when you travel in a car and in a bullock cart? Do you find any difference ?
- When I travel in a car, It moves fastly. Iam unable to see the beauty of nature clearly.
- When I travel in a bullock cart, It moves at very low speed. I enjoy the beauty of nature.
Activity: (TextBook page No.68)
Look at the map of Andhra pradesh showing Airport and Ship yards.
Fill in the table given below:
|Airports in AP(places)||Shipyards in AP (places)|
Activity: (TextBook page No.68)
Some vehicles like Tanga, Bullock cart etc are pulled by animals. How do we take care of these animals?
- The hooves of the animals should be provided with metal shoes to protect the hooves from wear and tear.
- Sufficient roughages may be provided for feeding of animals.
- Provide sheds for those animals.
Which kinds of transport is used in rural areas ?
In rural areas, where there is no proper road facilities, villagers use bullock carts, tractors, horse buggies or tangas to travel from their village to the nearest towns.
What types of transport are there in hilly areas ?
- In hilly area people travel on foot paths only.
- Animals like donkeys and horses are used to transport goods in hill areas.
- Rope-way is also used as a way of transport in the hilly areas.
Write about the transport in forests?
- There are no permanent roads in the forest.
- The people live in forest use foot path to travel from one place to another.
- People carry particularly the old people or patients in dolies.
Collect information about the ” Transport in desert”.?
- Transport in desert area is limited.
- The primary means of transport is camel.
- Camel walks long distances without taking water.
How do the hump of the camel helps it ?
The hump of the camel helps it to survive in the hot desert regions without drinking water for weeks.
Which type of transport is there in snowy areas or polar regions?
- The polar regions are covered with snow all through the year.
- In polar regions sledges are ther most common means of transport.
Predict our means of transport in future?
I predict that our means of transports in future are high speed bullet trains, water cars, flying drones etc.
Why do we call India ” unity in diversity” ?
India is a beautiful country with diverse in many ways, yet we are united hence India is called as “Unity in diversity”.
Collect information about the transportation in ‘Lanka villages’ of our state ?
- There are many lanka villages (Islands) in the middle of the rivers.
- People travel to nearby towns or villages by putti or boats.
hat is transportation ?
The movement of people or goods from one place to another by land, water or air is called transportation.
Multiple Choice Questions:
Choose the correct answer:
________ is the common means of transport in desert.
B) Bullock cart
Sledge carts are the carriages in ________ areas.
Pick out odd one.
Donkeys and horses are used to transport goods in ________ areas.
________ is know as ship of the desert.
In forest areas ________ are used to carry old people or patients.
D) Bullock carts
Rope-way is also used as a way of transport in ________ areas.
The movement of people or goods from one place to other is called ________.
Which of the following have shipyard?
Which of the following city doesn’t have airport in A.P.